Wednesday, October 8, 2014

Week 1: New discovery, new experience...



Blog, blog, blog!!!

I’ve always heard about this word “blog” but I couldn’t have a clear idea about it until I created mine myself! I learnt about the different benefits of using it while I was reading the article about “Using blogs in the classroom”, by Gayle Morris. Before, I thought it was just like other social networks such as Twitter, Facebook, etc. but it’s more than that! It’s a great tool to be used in class in order to promote communication among students, teachers or teacher – students in a more comfortable way. It’s like a virtual platform where the students and the teacher can share their thoughts, findings and present ideas. It also gives them the opportunity to be open to others, develop and reinforce relations, cohesion and knowledge; and especially improve writing skills. I’ve never thought it would be that useful!

I’m sure it will be a helpful tool to back up the teaching and the class in many ways: it will encourage students to be more involved in any activities and discussions, reduce barriers in communication, enhance cooperation among students and broaden students’ and teachers’ skills. It will be a practical tool to convey information as well. I believe my students are going to like using it and enjoy the class more since they are already accustomed to using technology in their everyday life. In addition, they are into it.

I can't wait to experience and discover more about it!

4 comments:

  1. Hi Ravaka,

    You are right, Blogging is our main finding this week. I feel as most of us thought that blogging is just one more social network. In fact it's rather different and helpful tool.

    Hugs,
    Marina,
    Kyrgyzstan

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Marina,

    Thank you for your comment! Yeah, it's a good platform for class use. We've made an interesting discovery! I'm eager to use it in class and I hope students will like it.

    Wish you good luck for this enriching course!

    Hugs,
    Ravaka, Madagascar.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello Ravaka!

    Your blog is creative! Nice job! I've already started using Blogger with my Ss and they like it very much!

    Best regards,
    Zulyar
    Kazakhstan, Almaty

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Zulyar,

      Thank you! I'm happy you could share what you've learnt in this course with your students. Blogging is a way to encourage students to be more active and productive. Glad your students like it!

      Enjoy blogging with them!

      Ravaka
      Madagascar

      Delete