Saturday, November 15, 2014

Week 6: Interactive PowerPoint



As it is stated in the article “Presenting with PowerPoint”, “PowerPoint is an easy-to-use presentation tool and its use is only as effective as the presenter who is using it.” The use of PowerPoint helps the teacher to break down the routine of presentation with textbooks. Students can be more focused because the PowerPoint itself forms an effective visual aid. It helps the students to retain the lessons especially for visual learners and it keeps the students involved through the interactive elements it includes. My favorite task this week was the interactive PowerPoint slide show creation. I enjoyed it! The guidelines and tips from the readings made it easier to create and made it look more interactive, which will engage the students in speaking. My PowerPoint is about the use, the form and the structure of Conditional Type 2. I’ve created it for my High intermediate class and I hope it will be successful, following some of the 10 best practices suggested in the article.

2 comments:

  1. Hi Ravaka!

    I also enjoyed creating the interactive PPT this week. I tried to follow the two pieces of advice given in almost all PPT tutorials in our Week6 Readings and Resources: "less is more", and the one you cited in your post "its use is only as effective as the presenter who is using it".

    I have seen your PPT and I really liked it. I am sure it will provoke interaction among your students.

    Best,
    Gordana from Serbia

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Ravaka,
    Yes,I also enjoyed creating power point .I have seen your power point.I love it.You have done great
    Kalpana

    ReplyDelete