Sunday, November 30, 2014

Week 8: Lots Of Resources!



Wow! I am really thankful for the different wonderful resources suggested during this week.  Even if I haven’t been able to explore all of them yet, the ones I have checked out gave me ideas and inspirations about how to improve my teaching and I am sure all of them are all great in bringing changes in teaching and learning.

The course with Jeff was also helpful and let me discover a new effective and practical tool to be used in class: "ANVILL". It's a tool where we can do many things: uploading different materials for students to access them easily, assigning tasks, recording comments and instructions, interacting through chat, accessing students' responses ... It's worth trying and using.

The task about creating something using one of the technology tools listed in the resources offered me the opportunity to give a tool a try. I chose Padlet because it’s simple, and I find it practical in accessing the students’ work in just one click! I will add it in my project. I have created a Padlet wall for my students in High Intermediate to upload their final product in the project: the accuracy checklist which will allow them to track their progress. This is the link to my Padlet http://padlet.com/ravakarabeh/677bqyv4c8xr.

HotPotatoes is also great as we can use it even offline. It can work well in my classes as internet access is limited in my classes and I'm also thinking of creating review activities with it.

Finally, the project  peer review we did this week has helped me better improve my project report for the final version. I reviewed Anar's and William's project plans and they were great. I could understand them easily. I was the only one who didn't do a plan because I  have a class, so it was also an opportunity for me to see the difference between the plan and the real project. I could learn from my peers' work and feedback, and I can say that it was an example of independent and cooperative learning.

Well, to cut a long story short, I enjoyed this week experience and discovery. I liked everything I’ve done and I’ve learnt!

2 comments:

  1. What a lovely week 8 reflection, Ravaka!

    It's wonderful to hear that you created a Padlet wall, began using it, and had a positive experience; you even added it to your Final Project!

    Also, I'm so pleased that the peer review process was beneficial for you and that you enjoyed reading the project plans of your peers.

    I look forward to reading your report in the coming days!

    Smiles,
    Courtney

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hello Courtney,

      Thank you very much for your nice response! :) Well, talking about project report, it's only now that I realize I forgot to mention the use of Padlet in my project report! Too bad! Anyway, I'm always looking forward to your feedback about my report! :)

      Hugs,
      Ravaka

      Delete